Facebook Tabs: Donate & Pledge
Start here if you’re wondering what the heck a tab is.
The “HelpAttack! Pledge App” is an easy way to start and maintain your Facebook fundraising. It guides your supporters to pledge to give a little bit each time they update Facebook (or Twitter).
When people give with their own updates, it ties the habit of giving (and thinking about your mission) to the habit of using Facebook. Many supporters who start pledges end up giving month after month.
The “HelpAttack! Donate App” puts your donation form on Facebook, so supporters don’t have to leave Facebook in order to give. It’s a simple, secure donation form. Remember, people need a reason to give, so mention it in your posts every so often, or even better, ask people to give on Facebook in support of your events and offline campaigns.
It’s easy. You’ve probably already done the first two steps.
Step 1. Sign in to HelpAttack!
- Use your cause account, not a supporter account.
- If you don’t have one, create one here.
- This is necessary for Step 5!
Step 2. Sign in to Facebook
- Sign in with a Facebook user who has administrator access to the page where you want to add an app.
Step 3. Click on one of our App installation links
- Donate App: A secure credit card donation form. Donations are processed by one of our partners and 91.75% of funds are delivered to you in about 30-60 days.
- Pledge App: A page which guides your supporters to pledge and give with their Facebook updates.
Step 4. Select the Page where the App should be installed
(in case you manage several pages)
Step 5. Facebook will then redirect you back to HelpAttack!, where we record the Page where the App has been installed.
That links your cause profile on HelpAttack! to your Facebook page.