We could make this a fancy form that spits out a number of hours, but we know each cause – and how each cause approaches social media and fundraising – is different. These are general guidelines.
Each campaign you implement takes some time to create, deploy, measure, and improve.
- 1 hour to brainstorm the right kind of campaign for your cause, and the supporters you want to reach
- 1 hour to invite other stakeholders
- 1 hour to tell partners or super-supporters and ask them to help spread the word
- 30 minutes to write a blog post
- 30 minutes to include in an email to your list
- 2 hours of social media monitoring
- 1 hour to download reports and upload into your supporter database
- 1 minute to review the pledge in your cause’s analytics page.
- 1 minute to thank each supporter personally
- 1 minute to send an extra donation reminder, if they need one.
So, 20 supporters means around 1 hour of work per month (3 minutes * 20 = 60 minutes)